At the end of the course, participants will complete an assessment paper.
What to Bring
• Notebook and pens.
• 2017-2020 AS Special Regulations Blue e-Book. Bring your tablet/laptop along: You can view an electronic version of these regulations at: 2017-2020 AS Special Regulations Blue e-Book
• Examples of current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) used on vessels you have set to sea on, as well as experiences to share with other attendees.
For the Wet Drill you must bring the following gear:
• Full 3 layer ocean clothing (inner thermal layer, mid layer and outer ocean wet weather gear layer) & sea boots.
• Wash all clothing including wet weather gear before hand and empty all pockets.
• PFD1 YA approved per Blue Book, check for currency and compliance with Standards.
• Remove gas bottle from inflatable PFD1 if inflating manually.
• Crotch strap.
• Do NOT bring Dye Marker.
• From a safety aspect, it is highly recommended that you wear closed toed shoes for the flare shoot.
We recommend that you prepare for this course as you would for an ocean voyage and suggest you have an early night the day before and avoid alcohol.
Additionally, the Instructors require you to wear closed shoes for the entire course, please.
Dates, Locations, Times
Sunday, May 26th, 2019, 8:15 am to 5:00 pm
Wesley College, St Kilda Road Campus, 577 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne, VIC 3004. Melways 58 B6
We ask that you adhere to the guidelines requested of us by the Weslety College.
- pdf Wesley SKR Middle & Senior Campus Map 2018 (912 KB)
Wesley SKR Senior School first floor Plan
- pdf Wesley SKR Senior School Ground floor plan 2018 (334 KB)
- No food or drink is allowed in the classrooms
- No alcohol is allowed on the premises
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises either within the buildings or on the grounds
- Parking on the grass is strictly prohibited.
Non Members $320
Youth (16-25 years old) $135
Please Register for the course following the link below: