Wesley Location and What to Bring
What to Bring
- Notebook and pens.
- Electronic Device and adequate battery/charging devices.
- 2021-2024 Special Regulations Part 1 keelboats please save the PDF on your phone, tablet or computer
- Examples of current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) used on vessels you have set to sea on, as well as experiences to share with other attendees.
Pool Wet Drill :
- Full ocean clothing ideally comprising of three-layers (inner thermal layer, mid-layer and outer ocean wet weather gear layer) & sea boots, if you don't wear boots in the ocean bring what you wear instead
- Wash all clothing including wet weather gear beforehand and empty all pockets. Please do NOT bring Dye Marker.
- Lifejacket (PFD) is compliant with current standards, please consult the AS Special Regulations for currency and compliance. If you don’t have a PFD, we have limited numbers available for hire for a small non-refundable fee. Book your PFD before the course to ensure availability. Show your ticket at the course to collect your loan PFD. Book via this link https://www.trybooking.com/CHCMP
If inflating your PFD manually, please remove the gas bottle and small plastic clip prior.
Life jackets MUST have a crotch strap attached.
Flare Drill Practical
From a safety aspect, it is highly recommended that you wear closed-toed shoes for the flare shoot and throughout the full course.
For those with long hair, please tie hair back during the flare drill.
Gloves and protective eyewear for the flare drill will be provided and must be worn.
We recommend that you prepare for this course as you would for an ocean voyage, and suggest you have an early night the day before and avoid alcohol consumption.
A light lunch will be provided.
It is recommended that you ensure all items are labelled with your name so you can be notified if you have left them on site.
Wesley College Information
Wesley College, 577 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne. Click here for Google Maps location pin.
- Enter via the pedestrian gate situated on Moubray Street (gate 1 or 2)
- Make your way to the Middle School (near item 11 in the MENZIES wing on the map below) for registration
- The pool is located at the Senior School.
- The flare shoot is typically conducted on the front turf area.
See below map for Campus and entrance location.
There is no parking available at Wesley College and parking in the area is limited. Please allow enough time to find a car park. Moubray Street is a great starting point.
It is highly recommended that public transport is used. Tram stops are located on St. Kilda Road and Prahran station on the Sandringham line is close by. Visit https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/journey to plan your trip.
Wesley College Guidelines
We ask that you adhere to the guidelines required of us by Wesley College for use of their facility.
- No food is allowed in classrooms
- No alcohol is allowed on the premises
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises either within the buildings or on the grounds.
- Parking on the grass is strictly prohibited.