Blue Water Tracker
Grant Dunoon has spent considerable effort in creating a cost effective tracker for the ORCV. It is important that as competitors we repay that effort in making sure when we participate in a race that we add all the details that make the BlueWater Tracker a world class tracking system.
So how do you do your bit
- If you have some computer skills follow the procedure set out below
- If not see if one of the crew on the boat can help you out
- The final solution is send the Race Director your
- Picture - Boat plus crew (Head and Shoulders)
- A four line Bio of the boat and crew
- Any links to social media pages you have
Tracker Profile Setup Guide
This guide steps you through setting up your Bluewater Tracks tracker profile for a race both as an individual and as a crew member. For an introduction, please review the following YouTube video:
The Tracks back end system, where the profiles are maintained, is accessed through the following URL:
When prompted, you enter your Username and Password to sign in.
Your Username is the email address you specified when registering with TopYacht. Check your TopYacht profile if you can’t remember which one you used. When signing in for the first time, you won’t have a password and need to create one. Click on Forgot your password? to initiate the lost password process and follow the prompts. This will send a password reset link to your email address. Use this to set a password. Please remember it or you will have to repeat the process next time.
Crew members should update their profiles with at least the following details:
- Under the Crew Details tab (on the blue bar near the top of the window),a Photo, First Name, Last Name, Phone (04xx xxx xxx), Gender (only two, I’m afraid), Country (you’ll get a flag!), Crew Role and a short Bio.
- Under the Social tab, all the social media systems you follow and are followed on.
- You may enter details of next of kin and other interested parties under the Contacts tab if you wish.
- Ignore Documents as we don’t use Races is a record of your races (since we started using the system).
When complete, logout and close your browser.
Boat owners/skippers need to update their own profiles as discussed above. They must also update the profile of their boat with at least the following details:
- Under the Boat Details tab (blue bar again), Boat Photo, Boat Name, Sail Number, Design, Type (select from list), Length, Width, Draft, Units (meters!), Country (a flag will be shown), Skipper Name, Email Address (of the Skipper), Phone Number (04xx xxx xxx), DSC MMSI (if you have one) and a short Bio of the boat.
- Crews is all the crew members you have ever had for races using this system. The crew for any will often be a subset of these.
- Social is the list of social media sites the boat has a presence on, for example Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Don’t bother with Documents as we don’t use this tab.
- Handicaps is where you enter the measurement handicaps you will be using. Typically, these will be AMS, IRC or both. Don’t enter a PHS handicap.
When done, logoff and close your browser.