2022 ORCV Winter Series
The ORCV Winter Series program for racing and cruising is based on passage style racing within Port Phillip Bay. The Series comprises four races including a destination race to Blairgowrie, a destination race to Geelong and two short passage races around fixed marks.
- Saturday 25 June 2022 – Short Passage Race (< 6 hours)
- Saturday 9 July 2022 – Destination Race to Blairgowrie
- Saturday 23 July 2022 – Short Passage Race (< 6 hours)
- Saturday 20 August 2022 – Destination Race to Geelong
In addition to the Winter Series, return races are scheduled to provide the opportunity for crew and team development.
- Sunday 21st August 2022 – Re-Sail Women Skippers & Navigators Race from Geelong, covered in a separate Notice of Race
- Sunday 21 August 2022 – Novice Skippers Race from Geelong.
As with all ORCV races, you can compete fully crewed, 4+Autohelm and Double Handed.
The races start in the vicinity of RBYC. Shorter course options have been included in all races to cater for the range of conditions which may be experienced during the winter months
Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron (BYS) and Royal Geelong Yacht Club (RGYC) are generously providing their traditional overnight hospitality and camaraderie for the destination races.
The ORCV Winter Series Flare Shoot tradition will continue this year prior to the first race in the series on Saturday 25 June 2022. Details will be provided via a Notice to Competitors.