Super Motor Yacht DragonFly was one of the first boats to provide emergency disaster relief to some remote villages in Vanuatu after Cyclone Pam hit.
You can help too by donating to the ORCV Oxfam Australia Vanuatu Cyclone Pam Emergency Appeal www.Yachties4Vanuatu.com.
Like many ORCV yachts who've cruised the beautiful Vanuatu archipelago, during their cruising, DragonFly also made many friends and developed relationships with the local communities and felt compelled to assist in whatever way they could.
Their highly skilled crew, included 5 Emergency Medical Technicians and a Doctor. The work they performed included:
- delivering over 62,000 litres of fresh water in 21 villages (9 islands)
- treated over 250 casualties in the Medical clinics they setup at every island that hadn't received aid so far
- arranged and facilitated 3 medical evacuations
- cleared helicopter landing zones for ongoing support
- delivered over 5 tonnes of medical and food aid to those who need it most
- cleared access roads
- erected shelter in multiple villages
Well done Captain Mike Gregory, the owners and crew of DragonFly.
Their YouTube video highlights some of the great work they did and the possible use of resources onboard yachts in such disaster zones.