Melbourne to Devonport (Rudder Cup) Ocean Race
Race Organising Authority
The Ocean Racing Club of Victoria Inc is the Organising Authority for the race.
Race Finishing Club
Mersey Yacht Club (MYC) is the host club in Devonport, Tasmania, the destination of the race. MYC is also the Organising Authority for the MYC Top of the Island yacht race, the third race in the ORCV Bass Strait Series.
- Chirpring Bird wine provide bottles of their award winning wines as prizes for Line Honours and Division podium place winners at results presentation in Devonport.
- Tasmania Bakeries will be providing hot National Pies to our race crews, volunteers and support staff at the finish of the Melbourne to Devonport ocean yacht race.
- North Sails Melbourne are providing merchandise for ORCV and Mersey Yacht Club (MYC) to raffle as part of the fundraising campaign to get the club financial support after the recent floods.
As part of the ORCV's ongoing continuing improvements, Satellite Yacht Trackers are being used for all major events. The Trackers obtain a position using the GPS satellites and are set to transmit position updates at an interval that makes sense for the duration of the race. Yacht positions are then plotted on the race Yacht Tracker map. The Yacht Tracker map will automatically update whenever a new position report is received.
The new ORCV inReach Satellite Trackers from Delorme and the web interface Yacht Tracker map, developed by ORCV Member Grant Dunoon from TryBooking.com, was first tested during the 2015 Melbourne to Stanley yacht race. Further development and improvements to the Yacht Tracker have been made for each event since and are continuing.
- Kordia/Charleville Radio will be conducting mandatory position reporting schedules for the fleet and monitoring the HF race frequencies during the race.
- Smithton Radio provide marine radio support for the fleet
- TAS Maritime Radio (Coast Radio Hobart) provide marine radio support for the fleet
Start and Course laying boats
- Royal Yacht Club of Victoria
- Coast Guard Queenscliff
- Mersey Yacht Club for the Top of the Island race
Berthing in Hobart
Mersey Yacht Club provide dockside facilities in Hobart
Refreshments provided to yachts as they dock in Devonport
- Hot National Pies from Tasmanian Bakeries
- Traditional cold slab of local Tasmanian beer provided by ORCV
Host Club Before the Start
Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron host the yachts overnight after the completion of the Cock of the Bay race and host the pre-race Weather Briefing.
Host Club for Pre-Race Briefing
Royal Brighton Yacht Club host the pre-race Briefing.
Photographers and Media
- Steb Fisher
- Teri Dodds
- Media and Photographer Boats Southern Peninsula Rescue Squad and Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron