ORCV 2014 BEYOND THE BAY OVERNIGHT EVENT
NOTICE TO PARTICIPANTS
- Paragraph 8.1: Delete Offshore Championship Series and replace it with "Beyond The Bay".
- Paragraph 9.3: The sign-on will be at 1200. Boats will be called in alphabetical order to sign-on as starter to the Event and to provide the number of persons on board.
- Paragraph 9.4: Geelong boats may need to sign-on by mobile phone to the Event Director on by calling on 0418 396 605. All participants should also retain this number in case of VHF radio difficulties throughout the Event
- Paragraph 10.2: Leg OA-CENT is not shown on the Leg Overview chart but is on the Optional Legs Summary listing. It is an approved optional leg. Leg MYC-R1 is shown on the Leg Overview chart but not on the Optional Legs Summary. It is an approved leg, length 4.8NM
- Paragraph 11.1: The Finish Line will be an imaginary line between Williamstown Channel mark 19 and the Hobson’s Bay Yacht Club tower. See the drawing below. Throughout the Event, but particularly in the Williamstown area, boats should keep a very watchful eye for shipping trafiic and make every effort to keep clear
6. Paragraph 10.4: Delete 1200 from the times of the regular radio schedules. VHF 82 should be used for all schedules unless communication is not possible in which case the Event Director should be contacted by mobile phone ( number above ). It is critical that all participarts make every effort to comply with the routine radio schedules
7. Section 11 Finish; Add paragraph 11.7 as follows.
After finishing, boats should raft up on the north side of the Ferguson Street Pier. See the attached drawing. Crews should then make their way along the pier to Hobson’s Bay Yacht Club for a BBQ brunch, refreshments and the Event trophy presentations.