ORCV Offshore Championship
The Notice of Race for the 2017 - 2018 series is below:
Raising the Stakes – Changes to the ORCV Offshore Championship
Following discussion over the past few months the Committee has decided to update the scoring and eligibility criteria used in the award of the ORCV’s premier Offshore Championship award.
Although scoring is still based on the best 4 results in ORCV races, there are several significant changes which skippers may need to consider when developing their program.
Details are given in the NOR which you can download from the link above, but three of the more significant changes are:
- If a yacht does not complete the Melbourne – Hobart or one of the ORCV’s two longer distance races (Osaka & Noumea) her results must include both the Stanley and Port Fairy races.
- Three of the four races used in determining a yacht’s score must have a Cat. 2 or higher race classification.
- Where a yacht has entered a race in one of more measurement handicap categories, scoring excludes PHS results.
The Perry Fletcher Clipper Trophy
The ORCV Offshore Championship is awarded annually from the following eligible ocean yacht races in the season (best 4 races to count, see NoR for details):
Group 1 events
• Long distance ocean races conducted by the ORCV on a periodic basis including Melbourne to Osaka and Melbourne to Noumea or Melbourne to Vanuatu.
• ORCV Melbourne to Hobart Westcoaster
• ORCV Melbourne to Hobart Eastcoaster (not scheduled in 2017-2018 season)
Group 2 Events
• ORCV Melbourne to Stanley or Melbourne - Portland, as conducted
• ORCV Melbourne to Port Fairy
Group 3 Events
• ORCV Melbourne to Devonport or Melbourne to Launceston (Rudder Cup)
• ORCV Melbourne to King Island
Group 4 Events
• ORCV Melbourne to Apollo Bay
• ORCV Melbourne to Westernport
Past Offshore Champions
|2016/17||White Noise||Daniel Edwards|
|2015/16||White Noise||Daniel Edwards|
|2014/15||Spirit of Downunder||Lawrence Ford|
|2011/12||Dry White||Donald Fraser|