One year to go BBQ highlights
Saturday night's Sundance Melbourne to Osaka Cup "One Year to Go" event was a great success. Following a fantastic meal, George Shaw introduced the Double Handed crews who were attending, sought out past competitors (many of whom are acting as mentors on the upcoming event) and introduced members off the organising committee who will put the 2018 event together.
A big thanks to a number of generous sponsors who contributed the following:
Raffle prizes –
- GILL – OS1 offshore jacket
- Sitro Group – (Phil Simphandorfer) Gas mate BBQ & 3 wet bags
- Chirping Bird wines (Rod Smallman) 1 doz wines
- Sundance Marine – 2 $50 chandlery vouchers
- Rainbow meats
- Chirping Bird Wines
- Lion Nathan – Kirin beer
- Baker Boys - (Paul Mentiplay) sough dough breads & BBQ buns.
With the success of this first event, another one is already in the planning and we hope that we’ll be able to include our interstate competitors and friends in the next one. Keep an eye out for details. In the meantime, here’s a video recap of our first fantastic night.