Latest News and announcements from ORCV
2015 ORCV Meteorology Course- Still time to Register
The weather is a constant talking point in our lives- too cold, too hot, too wet, too dry, too windy...
Do you understand how it all works or would like to further your knowledge and be better informed for all your sailing activities? Then REGISTER now for this course starting on 16/8/2015.
You can read more about the course HERE
National Equipment Audit Course by YA for Cat 1 and Cat 2 safety Auditors
Yachting Australia is running a NEA Course on Sunday, 16th August at Royal Geelong Yacht Club. It is a three part course on:
- Safety Regulations
- Conducting Cat 1 and Cat 2 audit
- Special Regulations and Exam
There is no cost to attend. The course will run from 9 am - 3:30 pm.
To register online go to Centre Course - National Equipment Audit
2015 Watching the Weather
There has been plenty of media coverage in the past few days about the chilly weather we are experiencing and there are many resources that provide forecasting information useful to yachties.
If you wish to learn more about the practical facets of weather applied to sailing, don’t miss out on the ORCV Weather Course. There is something for everyone- learning the basics, interpreting data and planning for your trip on or beyond the bay. The course starts on Sunday 16th August 2015.
For more information, dates and registration, click HERE.
2015 May Safety and Sea Survival Course
We ask that you adhere to the guidelines requested of us by Wesley College for use of their facility to conduct the ORCV Safety and Sea Survival Course.
577 St Kilda Rd
Please make your way to the classrooms and be prompt for Registration at 8.15 am on Saturday.
· Enter via gate 3 on Punt Rd.
· Parking is available in the School grounds in designated car parking areas. Parking on the grass is strictly prohibited.
· Check the MAP for access to classrooms #S38 and #S39 – upstairs on the first floor of the Senior school.
· Morning and afternoon tea and lunch will be served in the Senior School cafeteria located in room #26. No food or drink is allowed in the classrooms
CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE FACILITY
· No alcohol is allowed on the premises
· Smoking is not permitted on the premises either within the buildings or on the grounds
SSSC- Is your certificate current?
Places are available for the SSSC course this weekend. Have you checked if your certificate is current?
With the end of summer racing and the hiatus before the winter series starts, this is the perfect opportunity to enrol for the course.
You can check the expiry date of your certificate HERE.
Register HERE. Any enquiries, call the office 03 9689 1622